What Should You Expect In Drug And Alcohol Rehab near Duluth
Receiving treatment at an inpatient rehab facility might seem intimidating if you’re not sure what to expect. Evolve Recovery Center Duluth aims to make everything easy and understandable to soothe any unease. We know you’ll make more progress in your drug and alcohol recovery if you feel secure. Learn what to expect in our alcohol and drug rehab near Duluth.
What Is The Difference Between Rehab And Detox?
Numerous people mistake drug and alcohol rehab with detox, but these services are actually two distinct steps in the alcohol and drug recovery process.
Detox is usually the first step in substance use recovery
Recovery can’t start until the drug or alcohol is no longer in your system. The smartest way to detox from drugs or alcohol is in a medically directed detox center. This helps remove from your body dangerous substances while lessening potentially devastating withdrawal symptoms. Generally speaking, detox:
- Takes a few days to a week or more to flush out addictive alcohol or drugs from your system.
- Depends on medical support to track your vital signs and manage withdrawal symptoms.
- Starts to prepare you mentally and physically for the following step in recovery.
Inpatient Rehab Lets You Develop Skills For Recovery
After the detoxification phase you may proceed to the next stage of recovery at an inpatient rehab. In a facility like Evolve Recovery Center Duluth, you will get around-the-clock assistance to move further away from drug or alcohol addiction. While residing in a rehab center, you will acquire the emotional and cognitive skills needed for sobriety while your body heals from the substance use. In general, rehab:
- Takes multiple weeks
- Is a safe place to reside when you’re at the greatest risk of falling back into addiction
- Involves group therapy, individual therapy, and family support sessions
- Uses prescriptions, like Suboxone or Vivitrol, to control withdrawal symptoms and cravings
What To Expect In Evolve’s Drug Rehab In Duluth
From the moment you enter our facility, you can expect top-notch support. To start, you’ll go through an extensive evaluation to help us understand how substance use has impacted you, explore any co-occurring disorders, and how to serve you best. Then our expert clinicians use your evaluation to prescribe treatment methods and medication to benefit you the most.
Each day, you’ll attend group and individual therapy sessions. In therapy, you find out:
- The core origins of your drug use
- How co-occurring disorders play a role in drug use
- Positive coping mechanisms for addiction recovery and everyday life
- How to mend your relationships and life
- The ensuing steps after rehab
What To Expect In Evolve’s Alcohol Rehab Near Duluth
Alcohol rehab has the same approach as drug rehab. When you come to our establishment, we'll develop a personalized care plan designed to help you progress to enduring recovery. This plan might incorporate the use of prescriptions to minimize cravings and treatments for handling the psychological elements of addiction.
A good portion of your care will include group, individual, and family therapy. With caring professionals, you'll learn about:
- The underlying origins of alcohol use disorder
- Managing mental disorders that influence substance use
- Beneficial coping techniques
- How to heal relationships in addition to your life
- The next steps once you’re done with rehab
The goal is that you'll be prepared for the next level of support with the groundwork of new techniques and better mental health to help you stay sober. And while your post-rehab plan could consist of outpatient care, our therapists will also stay in touch every so often to check that you're safe and secure and doing well after rehab.
A Normal Day At Evolve Recovery Center
At Evolve, you’ll have a personalized treatment plan and organized routine to ensure you receive all the help you need. While our therapists will tailor their psychological support to your unique circumstances, all patients generally follow the same timetable. So you may expect a usual day at Evolve to look something like this:
- Group therapy
- Life skills and mental health classes
- 12-step meetings or SMART Recovery
- Leisure time or group recreational activities
Ask About What To Expect In Drug And Alcohol Rehab In Duluth
Need assistance securing alcohol and drug rehab for yourself or someone close to you? We’re here to talk. Dial 470-348-5426 or submit the following form to speak with one of our staff members right away. We’re here to assist every hour of every day.