Whats The Difference Between Detox And Rehab In Duluth?
Commonly confused as being the same, detox and substance use rehabilitation are completely different but equally important in getting past addiction. You can think of them as allies on the recovery path, with one being integral to the other. Jointly, they nurture and prepare you for a life of sobriety. Explore detox vs. rehab near Duluth and find out why they’re key to your recovery.
What Are The Stages Of Rehab In Duluth?
When people ask about the stages of rehab, they are most often alluding to the phases of drug and alcohol recovery. The first thing to understand is that each individual’s journey is different. There isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution to conquering substance use disorders. Even so, there are a few steps or stages most people go through. These include:
- Detox - Medical detox permits you to safely rid your body of alcohol or drugs completely so you are set to tackle the rigors of residential and outpatient therapy.
- Inpatient rehab - On-location rehab centers on discovering the reasons behind addiction, developing coping mechanisms, and ongoing support for withdrawal symptoms.
- Outpatient therapy - Ongoing therapy -- either intensive outpatient or more spread out sessions -- helps you maintain sobriety while living at home and returning to your day-to-day life.
Some individuals might find it helpful to reside in a structured sober living environment after exiting rehab, particularly when participating in a partial hospitalization program. This sort of residence shields you from external triggers of alcohol and drug use while you attend to your treatment.
Your Journey Commences At Detox
For many individuals battling a substance use disorder, your recovery will start at detox. At a qualified detox facility, you will taper off of alcohol or drugs safely and as comfortably as possible. Detoxing on your own can not only be difficult; it can put you in danger on account of the potency of withdrawal. Detox specialists will keep you safe through approved medications and by frequently taking your vital signs.
Along with removing alcohol or drugs from your body, detox is also the time when you begin to learn about your substance use disorder. Even though therapy is usually voluntary at this stage, it’s also instrumental in forming the foundation for your recovery.
Recovery Takes Hold At Inpatient Rehab
While detox is centered principally on the physical side of addiction, residential rehab starts to examine the behavioral and psychological facets. If you detox without rehab, you won’t receive the crucial therapy and guidance required for a lasting recovery, and you’ll have greater odds of relapsing. Here’s why rehab is so beneficial:
- Helps you explore the core causes of your substance use disorder.
- Teaches you coping mechanisms to manage alcohol and drug use triggers and avoid relapse.
- Supplies licensed healthcare to mitigate remaining withdrawal symptoms.
- Gives you a secure location far from alcohol, drugs, and outside factors that lead to use.
- Helps you in the design of an aftercare plan for continuing care.
You might think of rehab as focusing on your future while detox helps you deal with your past. You’ll discover how to conquer addiction with different types of therapy, typically including one-on-one, group, and family meetings.
Get The Addiction Treatment You Need At Evolve Recovery Center Duluth
Now that you have a better appreciation of the difference between detox and rehab, it’s time to get the guidance you deserve. Evolve Recovery Center Duluth is happy to supply it. Our fully equipped residential rehab near Duluth has tastefully designed rooms and licensed clinicians adept in treating drug and alcohol addiction. If you’ve been through detox and want to progress in your recovery, dial 470-348-5426 today. We answer at all hours, every day of the week. Find the care you need today.